Additional Homestead Exemption Estimator
A homestead exemption estimator is now available to determine if property owners will benefit from the proposed additional $25,000 homestead exemption (Amendment 1) that will be on the November 2018 ballot.
The 3rd Homestead Exemption Estimator tool allows a property owner to select their county and enter their address to find out how much, if any, their property may benefit if the constitutional amendment passes. The web search tool can be accessed at
- All calculations are based on 2017 assessment roll data and 2017 final millage rates.
- Recent purchases in 2017 and 2018 may show $0 benefit as a new homestead application may not yet be reflected at this address.
- Assessed value must exceed $100,000 to receive any benefit from the 3rd Homestead Exemption.
- Full (100%) benefit from the 3rd Homestead Exemption is not received unless your property’s Assessed Value is greater than or equal to $125,000.
- Estimates assume no partial homesteads. Homestead percentages less than 100% would result in a lower estimate.
- If passed, this exemption would take effect January 1, 2019 for the 2019 tax year.