Putnam County Property Appraiser
In Florida, Property Appraisers are independent constitutional officers duly elected from their counties of residence by their fellow citizens and taxpayers.
Beverly Carter, C.F.E.
Records Management Liaison Officer
What You Need To Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019
PROPERTY OWNER BILL OF RIGHTS
This Bill of Rights does not represent all of your rights under Florida law regarding your property and should not be viewed as a comprehensive guide to property rights. This document does not create a civil cause of action and neither expands nor limits any rights or remedies provided under any other law. This document does not replace the need to seek legal advice in matters relating to property law. Laws relating to your rights are found in the State Constitution, Florida Statutes, local ordinances, and court decisions. Your rights and protections include:
- 1) The right to acquire, possess, and protect your property.
- 2) The right to use and enjoy your property.
- 3) The right to exclude others from your property.
- 4) The right to dispose of your property.
- 5) The right to due process.
- 6) The right to just compensation for property taken for a public purpose.
- 7) The right to relief, or payment of compensation, when a new law, rule, regulation, or ordinance of the state or a political entity unfairly affects your property.